Yep. Just like that. Summer is outta here… and autumn has arrived!
I may be beating myself up a bit over my utter lack of blogging (or, let's be honest here, really any internet presence whatsoever) over the summer months but I am not complaining. Not one bit. I'm just moving on!
Why?! I absolutely love the fall. I abso-freakin'-lutely love it!!
While the fall foliage is currently no where near as brilliant as it is in that photo at the top of the post of last year's display, and sadly may never be this year as I hear it, the cooler days and colder nights nevertheless put me right into my normal autumn mood. A happy, dare I say elated, mood that also somehow manages to simultaneously encompasses a feeling of oppressive stress due to a gazillion commitments and an overwhelming desire to do ALL THE THINGS.
What does ALL THE THINGS consist of, you may be asking yourself. Well, I can safely say that, at this point, it includes at the very least:
- knitting (and other fiber-y things): Yes; I do still knit. In fact, I'm currently working on my House Colors Project for this year's venture to the land of sheep and dreams that is the New York State Sheep and Wool Festival. The project involves a snake. And planes, crocheted hyperbolic planes to be more exact. And perhaps also a mouse named Elle…
- cooking and baking: The colder months have always been a time of soup for me. I actually just made my first soup of the season. I tried out a slightly modified version of a new-to-me recipe, Sweet Potato and Chipotle Soup. I have to say the results were delicious… Also, I've been pondering cookies. Try as I might, I cannot resist a delicious cookie!
- the crunch factor: I'm currently going through a personal exploration of topics such as herbal medicine, wild foods, homemade hygiene and cleaning products, holistic health philosophies and practices and conscious decision making and how these ideas and practices already shape and may continue to shape my life and my worldview.
- reading: So, so many books to read.
- video games: I still love them, even when I don't have the time I'd like to have to devote to them.
- spirituality: A part of my life that has been sadly absent as an active participation sort of thing. I'd like to change that.
- photography: I just got a new iPhone 5. It has a better camera than the previous iPhones that I've owned. You know what that means…
So it is that I plan to do ALL THE THINGS and share some of them with you, through blogging; because, well, I like blogging. I feel unconnected without it.
What does your list of ALL THE THINGS look like?